If you have been keeping up to date you know that the company I work for lost its contract and it leaves most of our maintenance workers up in air about what to do for work. You can read my initial post HERE, and a follow up post HERE.
I wanted to share a little more about my thoughts in this post. I have finished up two resume’s. One to be sent to the vice president of operations with the current company and one to be sent to the new company that will hold the contract for the School District Maintenance Department. I would really like to stick with my current company seeing that I have insurance and have time invested with them. At this point I am not sure what the new company will offer as regards to pay and benefits. I have an interview with them tomorrow to see what they will offer. If I stay with my current company it will most likely mean a move which my wife and I are up for if it means a promotion within the company that will make our move worthwhile. At my interview tomorrow with the new company it will be like a dual interview. I will be interviewing for my current position but also be putting in for a manager’s position.
Ultimately I have till June 30 to find something. Along with the resume’s I have put together I will also be in search of a youth ministry position. Luckily I have some time but we are still up in the air what we should do. My wife and I would love to go full time so we are praying about all our options. If I get hired on with the new company it would allow us to stay in the area for a little while until something full time opens. Needless to say this is a very stressful time trying to figure out our next steps.
We do know however and trust that we are right in the middle of where God wants us at this season. It has stretched or faith and has really allowed me to focus on what I am good at and what I am passionate about. Whatever the course opens for us we are praying that it will lead us to our ultimate desire of full time ministry.
Thanks for reading and please be in prayer about all of these options that are before us. We want to make the right decision to be made, not necessarily based on money but what would also be best for our family, and right now, to be honest, money plays a big factor. May this season in our pursuit bring comfort and hope to you in your pursuit.